Tuesday, July 22, 2014

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW - ILLUSTRATED


Sean Layton, a Corpus Christi native now Living in Los Angeles, was raised on music. His early passion for sound led him to join several bands where he learned how the mold for a song was made. These lessons created inspiration for Layton and when inspiration struck, he would take notes in his Blackberry, one of which said "Illustrated (Song/Or band name)". That note has come to fruition as Sean Layton has become Illustrated. His debut EP Mental Drug  put him on the map and allowed to evolve as an artist and release his second EP Define Me. Today he has released his new remix "I Was a Fool". We had the pleasure of interviewing Illustrated about his inspirations, his work, and what the future may hold. Listen to the track then check out the interview to learn more about him. 



Keep up with Illustrated and stay on the lookout for more material coming very soon!

Illustrated-music.com
Facebook.com/illustratedmusic
Soundcloud.com/illustrated
Youtube.com/illustratedofficial
Twitter.com/illustrated
Instagram:Illustratedmusic

INTERVIEW

NYMM: What/who inspired you? How long have you been making music and what was the process like starting out for you?

SL: I grew up listening to punk, and playing in various bands. Every one of them played a part in helping me understand how to craft a song. The process for me can stem from a chord progression written from guitar, a melody I have in my head, a drum beat etc. I've been writing songs since I was a teenager.

NYMM: Where do you get your inspiration from now?

SL: I am really into 'chill step' right now. Not really sure what else to call it. I like all types of music though man. I love pop, metal, hip hop, electronic, I listen to it all.

NYMM: How would you describe your sound? 

SL: Right now the stuff I've been writing has been really melodic. My vocal style is usually pretty poppy. No way around it really.

NYMM: What track are you most proud of? Why?

SL: I'd say Tidal Wave and some of these new unreleased tracks of mine. I've really started to find my song over the past 6-7 months and Tidal Wave was kind of the start of all of it for me.



NYMM: What is your dream event to highlight? What about to spectate at?

SL: Well I got to play EDC a couple of weeks ago and that was an awesome experience. I had always wanted to go to EDC Vegas so I got to play and watch as a spectator as well.

NYMM: What are some of the positive influences you think come frome EDM?

SL: I really like how it's built on a culture of people just wanting to come together and be themselves. We need more of that.

NYMM: How have things in EDM changed from when you first started to now? What do you think the future holds?

SL: It's just gotten bigger. Everywhere you turn there is a dance track playing, and a new festival popping up. I think it's great. It's hard to say what the future holds. I wouldn't be surprised if more live elements are going to be incorporated. I know that when the time is right, I will be singing live on some tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment